Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am going to Uganda!!

At the end of October I am traveling to Kampala, Uganda to work at the Tender Hearts Baby Home! The adoption agency I work with, Nightlight Christian Adoptions, has partnered with this home and we are going to help with construction (which could be a little scary), loving on the workers and children already at the home, and spend time with the people in the community as well (there may be a vacation bible school in the works!). I am so excited about this opportunity, and what makes it even better is that two of my dear friends from church are coming with me! There are actually people from all over the country coming- about 15 of us in total. My friend Carla who is coming with us is actually in the process of adopting through our agency from Uganda, so we will possibly be loving on her sweet baby and not even know it yet!

Please let me know if you would like to support us through prayer or financially! We will also be participating in several fundraisers, so let us know if you have any ideas! This is going to be such an amazing journey and I am looking forward to what the Lord has for us, even in just preparing our hearts to go. My goal is to keep track of everything on hear so you can join us on this adventure.

Joshua24:15- "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Acts13:47- "For this is what the LORD has commanded us: "I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I am so excited for you!!! I loved Uganda and it was the most wonderful experience!!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete