Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Provision & Promises

There has been a lot going on lately, and I am really bad at keeping up with the blog, so this may be a long one!

God promises us that he will provide us with whatever we need to fulfill his purposes. As I have said many times before, the biggest thing we were nervous about going into this adoption was the finances. Through much support we were able to raise $1,000 several weeks ago in a giveaway on my friend Danielle's blog!! Thank you so much to everyone who participated. I was honestly blown away by how generous everyone was. I was honestly just hoping that we would get between $300-$500, but God showed us how great he is and far exceeded our expectations!

Along the lines of adoption, we finally have our homestudy set up! We had all of our paperwork in but one sheet from Cory's job stating that we have health insurance. We finally got it and got assigned our social worker. She is exactly who we were praying that we would get!! We have our first meeting on October 14th. Please pray that it goes quickly and we can get all of our meetings in before I leave for Uganda! God makes so many promises to us in the Bible and I have really just been trying to repeat those to myself throughtout this process. Acts1:7: "He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." We are still praying that our child will be here by Christmas, but even if he or she isn't I know that God has a reason and that his timing is perfect and better than mine could ever be. God chose who our child would be even before the world was created. Check out this awesome passage from Psalms139:13-16:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

I have also been praying a lot for God to equip us with what we need to go to Uganda. Not only for myself, but for our whole team, especially my friends Carla and Elle who are coming with me. Throughout the whole process of getting ready for the trip I have been completely at peace about everything, including financing it. Even now that the trip is less than 3 weeks away I am not stressing because I know that he will provide all that we need! We have our tickets booked and have learned more about what we will be doing while we are there. We will be spending several days at the Tender Hearts Baby Home. We are then going to be serving in the community. We are going to be running a Vacation Bible School with for the children of a lady called Mamma Mary. Mamma Mary is a former Muslim, converted Christian, who has adopted over 30 children! To read more about her and her children click here! We are also going to be serving with Manna Ministries- a group that gives food, love, and teaches about Christ, and a pregnancy crisis center that teaches women about the alternatives to abortion. Please be praying that our work will be meaningful and effective and that the Lord will keep us all safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment