Thursday, August 19, 2010

Adoption Paperwork

For the past month Cory and I have been tediously working on our adoption paperwork. Since we switched agencies we had to start the whole process over. To be honest I think we were both a little frustrated at first and both dragged our heals a little, but the Lord really worked in both of our hearts to help us get motivated. So after many hours of hard work yesterday we finally handed everything in! It was such a relief to be done with that stage so we can move on. Next Friday, the 27th, we go to an all day training and then after that we get to start our homestudy! Even though we had to do the work again, it has definitely been worth it to see God working all around us. I am still amazed at the willingness that our friends have shown to help us fundraise money for the adoption. Everytime I think about it I am overwhelmed at how big God is! It has also been so fun to watch the Lord working in both mine and Cory's hearts. I never imagined myself being a Mom. In fact, I dreaded it. Yet lately I can't stop thinking about our future child and having him or her be a part of my everyday life and our family! Of course it is still scary and overwhelming, but I know that with the Lords wisdom and guidance...and all of the support of our family and friends...I will succeed. It has been so encouraging and exciting to hear Cory talk about how excited he is to be a parent as well. He is going to be an awesome Dad! I know that there could still be a lot of waiting in store for us, but for now we are just enjoying the time that we have together.

Isaiah40:31- "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment