Saturday, August 28, 2010

Training and Cupcakes!

Yesterday was our day of training with Bethany for our adoption. Everything was very informative, however, it was also very overwhelming! I know that they can never give a timeline because each case is different, but it would be nice to have some sort of idea when our child is going to join our family. It is overwhelming to see how many other people are also trying to adopt and wonder why someone would choose us as parents over all these other great couples. It would also be so fun to start getting a bedroom ready and buying fun things for him or her. It is also hard to know how to plan for things like Christmas. Realistically we will not have our child by then, but we could, God is always performing miracles. Anyways, lately I have been really anxious about it. I just have to continuously remind myself that God's plan is better than mine and that his timing is perfect and mine isn't! It has been a great journey of learning how to hand things over to him and not be able to control everything.

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

On a more positive note...I got my first cupcake order the other day! It was such an encouragement!! Amy, who ordered them, is also going through the adoption process, and got them as an encouragement to some of her friends. How fun! Here are a couple of pictures. I made Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. I am not a photographer so they don't look amazing, but I personally thought they tasted great!
Check out Amy's blog here: http://www.apphotographyblog.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment