Isaiah 6:8- "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
- It is estimated that there are 2.5 million orphans in Uganda (UNICEF, 2006)
- Approximately one million children have lost either one or both parents to HIV/AIDS (World Vision)
- The mortality rate for children under the age of 5 is 134/1,000 (Compassion International)
- 85% of the population lives on less then $1 per day (Compassion International)
- Only 60% of the population has access to safe water (World Vision)
Here are some pictures from Tender Hearts Baby Home that we will be working at:
This is a picture from the backyard. One of our goals of the trip is to build the children a gazebo to play in.
This is going to be a baby room. Another one of our goals of the trip is to be organizing the rooms and making them safe for the babies.
This is the outside of Tender Hearts Baby Home. The home will be able to hold up to 30 children.
This is one of our babies. The home just got their license about a month ago and there are already 3 children living there!